Tuesday, January 15, 2008

PASSED IN - My Magic Millions Ready to Run Sale 2008

49 of the 130 Lots up for grabs today changed hands and went to new homes. This represents a 38% Sold ratio or if you deduct the extra 46 withdrawn lots a 58% Sold ratio of the 84 horses there. A marked difference thanks to EI of the original 481 catalogued.

Leaving some 35 passed in lots and seemingly vendors who had over rated stock for this sale.

Hardly something to crow about and the vendors really should have a long hard look at themselves. Either that or they love paying fees to the sales company.

I spotted a couple of great colts who breezed up good and looked like with a bit more education could be something to win races with but come sale time the vendor must have had some Golden Slipper aspirations because they wanted to keep them just as much as I thought they were for sale.

Passed in at $74,000 (Lot 113) and $48,000 (Lot 444) respectively, on pedigree these figures were well and truly over inflated but i still couldn't arrest them off the vendors. Another marker I use for valuing my stock is the service fees paid and the figures above represent 3.5 and 8 times those fees in 2004. How much do they want on a humid sultry showery day with not many people in attendance. Oh well good luck to them!

I suppose if they win the slipper the passed in amounts mean nothing, but then again has a breeze up horse ever won a Magic Millions let alone a Slipper, in short NO.
So my odds are improving rapidly.

Anyway I left empty handed but my friends (who had originally summoned me to the sale to assist) walked away with a mare to put on their farm and happy as "Larry".

Thank Goodness mare owners aren't as hard to buy from as others?

DD

No comments:

Post a Comment